About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019); AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021); and HOW WE BECAME POST-LIBERAL: THE RISE AND FALL OF TOLERATION (2024).

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!!

Well, not until tomorrow, here in Austin, Texas, where it's still the 17th. But it's already the 18th Australian time, so maybe I can spread my birthday over two days.

Also, happy birthday to others who share the same day, especially one very dear friend back in Melbourne whom I just wrote to for "our" birthday ("Hi!" if you're reading this).

Currently, we are having a very quiet post-Armadallicon day. It's Jenny's turn to feel a bit unwell, and it's too hot to venture outside right now ... but we obviously need to crank ourselves up and do touristy stuff in the next few days.

7 comments:

Jerry Coyne said...

Many happy returns! Don't forget the chicken-fried steak!

Hazel said...

A two day birthday - great excuse for a slurp! Has two glasses of vino.

Have a good time, Russell.

Ophelia Benson said...

Happy birthday! And - tomorrow - happy birthday again!

Brian said...

Feliz cumpleaƱos!!!! Enhorabuena viejo!

Blake Stacey said...

Happy birthday!

Greg Egan said...

Tavallodet mubaarak! Mine is in a couple of days ... but I only really celebrate when my age is a factorial. The big party will come if I make it to 120.

J.J. Emerson said...

Happy birthday! You're just a hop, skip, and jump away from my home town! Jerry is right, the chicken fried steak (with cream gravy, of course) is a must eat. Make sure you don't get an inferior kind, though. I'm sure the locals will steer you right if you ask.