About Me

My photo
Australian philosopher, literary critic, legal scholar, and professional writer. Based in Newcastle, NSW. My latest books are THE TYRANNY OF OPINION: CONFORMITY AND THE FUTURE OF LIBERALISM (2019); AT THE DAWN OF A GREAT TRANSITION: THE QUESTION OF RADICAL ENHANCEMENT (2021); and HOW WE BECAME POST-LIBERAL: THE RISE AND FALL OF TOLERATION (2024).

Friday, February 02, 2018

Science Fiction and the Moral Imagination in Locus Recommended Reading List for 2017


This prestigious list related to the fields of science fiction, fantasy, and horror - the annual Locus Recommended Reading List - has just been announced. My latest book, Science Fiction and the Moral Imagination: Visions, Minds, Ethics, has been listed in the non-fiction category.

I'm very pleased to see it there, especially since it came as a surprise. I expected that it would be difficult to make the list, given the likely quality of the field; and I also thought that I'd probably missed the boat as the book came out quite late in 2017, and a lot of people probably don't yet have copies even if they're planning to read it. So, that's some good news.

Congratulations, too, to my many friends who have work on the list.

No comments: